Fresh flavors of spring and warmer weather kicks off with a favorite DC culinary event -- Greek Easter at Zaytinya.
Tuesday, March 31, 2015
Thursday, March 26, 2015
Wednesday, March 25, 2015
Tuesday, March 24, 2015
Taberna del Alabardero is celebrating with a new and innovative menu thanks to Executive Chef, Javier Romero. The menu features 60% of foods sourced directly from Spain, with the other 40% being local and fresh ingredients. To complement the new dishes Taberna's sommelier, Gustavo Iniesta has expertly chosen the perfect wine pairings. I was welcomed to the "Evolution of Tradition" tapas tasting series followed by paella and lobster dish options and of course the night ended with fantastic desserts!
Monday, March 23, 2015
Capital Cooking Contributor
April 8 marks National Empanada Day and Cuba Libre will be the place to be when the restaurant celebrates with an Empanada Happy hour from 5-7pm, where all empanadas will be $1 each. Guests will have the opportunity to choose from four savory Mamá Amelia’s Empanadas – Picadillo (ground beef and olives), De La Casa (hand-chopped chicken, corn, and Jack cheese), Queso (Mozzarella, Tetilla, Monterey Jack cheese and sweet roasted onions), and Parisien (Country ham, Serrano ham, scallions and four cheeses).
Saturday, March 21, 2015
Thursday, March 19, 2015
Wednesday, March 18, 2015
By: Laurie Wallin
Capital Cooking Contributor
In 2014, J&G Steakhouse (located in the W hotel) was transformed into Pinea, a Mediterranean-inspired restaurant hemmed by Chef Barry Koslow. It wasn’t just enough to transform he food, though – the restaurant was looking to create a big splash, and did so by hiring Baltimore-based renowned street artist Gaia to transform Pinea’s walls. On Friday, March 6, Gaia’s hard work was revealed while guests listened to tunes from DJ Dan Deacon while enjoying Koslow’s innovative cuisine.
Monday, March 16, 2015
By Lauren Rosalanko
The Maxwell in Arlington, VA is a luxury apartment building located conveniently near the Ballston metro with gorgeous rooms and great amenities for residents. The Maxwell lobby acted as the perfect place for the opportunity to learn how to make sushi from Sushi Rock's owner. Sushi Rock is located on 1900 Clarendon Blvd also in Arlington, VA.
Friday, March 13, 2015
Video and Editing by Nick Szpara
Revive your love for a girl-scout cookie with the Thin-Minti. My unique cocktail takes 360-chocolate vodka, infused with mint, and mixes it with a shot of Mint Chocolate Bailey's. Before you know it, you have a new twist to your old school favorite! This cocktail is a perfect addition to Capital Cooking's Sweet Endings episode. This would also be great for a St. Patrick's Day party.
Thursday, March 12, 2015
|Photo by Emily Clack|
WHISKEY WHINO - Thursday, March 12 - 6PM - Canal Square (1054 31st St NW, WDC) Whiskey Whino is an unpretentious, modern take on a tasting event. Join us for an evening of fine whiskies and wines from around the world, featuring live performances by one of the region’s top jazz bands & burlesque troupe. Mixologists from Jim Beam, Gypsy Soul, Rogue 24, Jack Rose Dining Saloon & the Root Cellar at The W compete for your vote! The $45 ticket includes unlimited tastings of participating whiskies, wine and cocktails, as well as light bites. TICKETS: www.washingtoncitypaper.com/events/whiskeywhino
Wednesday, March 11, 2015
|The Bellagio Fountains: View from "the Eiffel Tower"|
Once again, a Las Vegas restaurant shined, with fantastic food and dessert. I am originally from the Boston-area and became a fan of Todd English's restaurants thanks to my parents. Figs and Olives were great, but unfortunately the Olives Restaurant near Boston closed. Therefore, I was excited that I could go to Olives at the Bellagio in Las Vegas.
|Photo by Kristen Finn|
Tuesday, March 10, 2015
|Media Naranja cocktail|
By Claire Goldman
Everyone in DC knows, Jose Andres makes a good drink! Oyamel is hosting a Tequila & Mezcal Festival March 2-15.
Saturday, March 7, 2015
Tuesday, March 3, 2015
This past weekend I was lucky enough to escape the snow and rain for sunnier skies and 70+ degree weather in Las Vegas, NV. While there is plenty to do in Las Vegas testing out a variety of restaurants was definitely at the top of my list. Something that I noticed and loved about Las Vegas is their ability to have famous restaurants from across the US all in one location.
Monday, March 2, 2015
Guarapo Lounge is part of the Latin Concepts restaurant group by Mauricio Fraga-Rosenfeld. It is located in the Clarendon neighborhood of Arlington, VA close to the Courthouse metro stop. Guarapo Lounge is now featuring a new special each night of the week!