Monday, February 13, 2017

New Menu: Shake Shack

By:  Jordan Burns

Shake Shack is known for their gooey burgers, crunchy fries, and custard milk shakes, but they have changed the game by adding BBQ flavors to the menu. We are all obsessed with Shake Shack, and this month, Shake Shack impressed us yet again with their delicious food. The new menu features the BBQ Shackmeister Burger, BBQ Chick’n Shack, and BBQ Bacon Cheese Fries. They also have three seasonal shakes on their menu, including: Mint Cookies and Cream, Mud Pie, and Salted Vanilla Toffee. For your convenience, I tried it all.

My first bite was into the BBQ Chick’n Shack, and…woah. This was quite possibly the best chicken sandwich I have ever had. Think Chic-Fil-A, but better. The bun remained their famous buttery soft bread, but the new chicken was breaded so perfectly, every bite I took became my favorite bite. The chicken was thick and juicy, but had an outside coating that was super crunchy. The sandwich also had equally crunchy fresh pickles and a gooey BBQ sauce to bring the sandwich all together.

After this menu item, I went for the fries. I am not the biggest fan of bacon, but somehow I devoured the entire platter of BBQ bacon cheese fries anyway.           

The last menu item I tried was the BBQ Shackmeister Burger. Honestly, I was a little nervous to try this one.  When the host brought it out, however, the smell of the burger immediately changed my mind. The crispy shallots mixed with the melted cheese, thick sauce, and fresh ground beef created the perfect burger.

Calorie Information (Don’t let this information dissuade you, treat yourself, and remember I ate all three of these menu items and three shakes in one sitting!) and Cost:
BBQ Chick’n Shack: 488 Calories, $6.55
BBQ Shackmeister Burger (Single or Double): 655-960 Calories, $6.39-$9.19
BBQ Bacon Cheese Fries: 660 Calories, $4.67

Now, onto the seasonal shakes. I was excited about all these flavors, but honestly I am normally pretty plain Jane when it comes to milkshakes, so I had no idea what I was walking into.

The first one I tried was the Salted Vanilla Toffee, and I have now decided I don’t want anything to drink other than Salted Vanilla Toffee milkshakes. It was creamy and decadent, filled with real salted vanilla custard, bits of toffee, and a mountain of whip cream. I didn’t even want to try the next two, but don’t worry, I did.

The next shake I tried was the Mud Pie flavor. This shake was very rich and full of coffee and chocolate flavors mixed together. If you love coffee, this shake is a must. The milkshake was also filled with a marshmallow frozen custard topped with whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles.

The last one I tried was the Mint Cookies and Cream shake. I was a little hesitant on trying this one because I never order mint-flavored ice cream. As soon as I sucked down that milkshake, my entire face lit up. The drink tastes like a Girl Scout cookie in a cup. The milkshake is a mint frozen custard mixed with chocolate cookie crumbles and whip cream. In my notes I wrote down, “most satisfying dessert in drink form.” The flavors in this milkshake exploded in your mouth with each gulp.

My experience at Shake Shack was amazing! Not only was the food spectacular, but also the restaurants lighting, ambiance, attitude, and staff made the night fun and relaxing. Who knew a burger place could be so trendy but laid back. I am definitely going back soon.


-->
For more information about other items Shake Shack has to offer, go to: https://www.shakeshack.com/

No comments: