Saturday, September 20, 2008

Restaurant Review: Dino

Corey and I recently went out to dinner with our friends Sarah and Mike at Dino in Cleveland Park. We started out with the Caprese Salad. The tomatoes were perfectly ripe with a generous portion of fresh mozzarella cheese. We also enjoyed the calamari fritti with a spicy roasted red pepper sauce and the fagiolini alla griglia (grilled organic local greenbeans-wrapped in Salumeria Biellese panchetta brushed with saba {balsamic "molasses"} and Hawaiian red salt. Yum! For our main course Sarah and Corey ordered the pappardelle ai cinghiale which consisted of house made ribbon pasta and chunks of wild boar. I opted for the risotto di cantarello seluaggio which melted in my mouth. Mike ordered the fusilli con ragu d'antra which was basically pasta with a ground duck Bolognese sauce. Not my favorite but not bad. Just when I didn't think I had room for any more, Sarah ordered the cappuccino di nutella. This creamy nutella and marscapone dessert was served in a cappacino cup. Rich and delicous! It isn't easy to find good Italian food in the District, but Dino fits the bill. Located on Connectuicut & Ordway directly off the Cleveland Park stop on the metro.

Dino on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

sarah said...

haha, I have a tendency to order too much ;)
Happy birthday!

Capital Cooking said...

It is fun to try everything.