Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Chicago


Wrigleyville, here we come! We arrived in Chicago at 7 a.m on Friday morning and made our way to Murphy's Bleachers by 10 a.m. to begin partaking in the festivities. I want to make it clear that I am a Cardinals fan, but going to Wrigley Field was quite an experience. Murphy's Bleachers is a historic Chicago sports bar located across the street from the entrance to the Wrigley Field bleacher section, at the corner of Sheffield and Waveland Avenues. The good thing is that they serve a St. Louis favorite, Bud Light.
Murphy's Bleachers on Urbanspoon

After enjoying a few beverages and meeting some new friends, we headed over to the game. It was packed. I have to admit I had an awesome time even though we were watching the Cubs. It was really refreshing to be back in the Midwest with people like I grew up around. Cubs lost...boo hoo :) Crowds of people headed over to the Cubby Bear for some loud music and dancing. At about 9 p.m., I couldn't take much more. Cubby Bear Lounge on Urbanspoon

Saturday, we went to the Taste of Lincoln Park. It was great to hear the live music, but the food wasn't what I expected. When I think of "Taste of...", I think of all of the restaurants in the area offering samples of their best dishes, but this was not the case. It was more of a drinking and band watching activity with carnival type food offered. Still, it was lots of fun, but I was hoping for some great cuisine.

Sunday, we went to a great Austrian brunch place called Julius Meinl on Lincoln Avenue. The coffee was fabulous and we all tried the baked eggs. After breakfast, we couldn't leave Chicago in the summer without hitting the beach and enjoying some deep dish pizza, so we did just that. Chicago is awesome!!
Julius Meinl Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments: