Thursday, September 16, 2010

Phoenix Eats

I landed in Phoenix and after my 5 hour flight, I was hungry.  I was heading into the office and stopped by FEZ for an afternoon snack. Cool modern design.  I ordered "to-go" and it was fast.  My chicken feta pockets were tasty.  $10 for most of the appetizers and salads.  Nice lunch spot.
 
(602) 287-8700
Midtown
3815 N Central Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85012
www.fezoncentral.com

Fez on Urbanspoon

For dinner we went to McCormick and Schmick's.  I know it is a chain, but they have some great seafood.  They had a 3 course meal for only $30 and 1/2 off bottles of wine.  You can't beat that!  I loved the gazpacho with shrimp.  You can't go wrong with halibut wrapped in puff pastry dough.  The creme brulee was a creamy ending to the meal.  The service was friendly and accommodating. 

(602) 468-1200
Biltmore/Arcadia
2575 E Camelback Rd
Phoenix, AZ 85016
www.mccormickandschmicks.com

McCormick & Schmick's on Urbanspoon

Even though I had just had my yummy meal at the seafood house, my husband had just stepped off the plane so we went to Zinburger.  Fun feel and friendly service.  Corey liked his burger, but did mention that it wasn't as good as the ones that I make.  They have a decent beer selection.  The wine was not so great.  We were able to get seated quick.  It is worth checking out this burger joint!

(602) 424-9500
Biltmore/Arcadia
2502 E Camelback Rd. #127
Phoenix, AZ 85016
www.foxrc.com/zinburger.html

Zinburger on Urbanspoon

No comments: