Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Swedish Adventure: Gubbhylan Restaurant

Gubbhylan Restaurant is located in Stockholm, Sweden and serves Swedish cuisine with a modern twist.  Chef KC likes to use fresh, local and seasonal ingredients. 

I started with a fresh cauliflower soup with shrimp, pickled onions and chives. The soup was made by steaming the cauliflower and then sauteing it in butter and pureeing it with chicken stock and cream.    I enjoyed the sun with a nice glass of white wine. 

For my main course, I selected the prawns and egg served with an herb cream sauce and cucumbers, pickled onions and fresh herbs.  All of the dishes were so flavorful and delicious.  Since we were inside Skansen, we decided to take a look at the animals.  
Where's Santa?  I'm ready to go back to the North Pole.

We saw some reindeer, but overall the animals looked pretty sleepy.  After a full day of filming, I was a little tired myself, but we still had more planned.  Coming soon...dinner at Restaurant Hasselbacken and a stop at the popular night club Tradgarden.

Preview of Capital Cooking's Swedish Adventure:  Part 2


Sweden Episode2 from Capital Cooking Show on Vimeo.


No comments: