Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Recipe: Pumpkin Pie Shooter

You might have tried my Pumpkin Pie Martini from the Capital Cooking Cookbook, but my Pumpkin Pie Shooter is even more fun!  So we were having a Halloween party and I wasn't sure how much vodka we'd go through so I didn't want to infuse too many bottles with pumpkin, so I thought why not make a pumpkin simple syrup instead.

2 parts 360 Vodka (vanilla or original)
1 part pumpkin pie simple syrup (recipe below)
1/2 part cream
Garnish:  graham cracker crumbs, whipped cream and dash of cinnamon

Pour the first 3 ingredients into a shaker full of ice.  Strain into shot glasses.  Top with garnishes.  One, two, three, shoot.  Yum!

Pumpkin Pie Simple Syrup

2 cups sugar
2 cups water
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1 cinnamon stick
Dash nutmeg
1 teaspoon whole cloves
 
Combine water and sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.  Stir until sugar dissolves and then remove from heat.  Add other ingredients and cool.  Store in a clear glass bottle or jar with a tight fitting lid in the refrigerator.  Stir and strain before serving. 
Photo by Bryn Barber

2 comments:

Pete said...

Lauren neglected to mention the vital role I played in the birth of the Pumpkin Pie Shooter: executive taste-tester.

Capital Cooking said...

Thanks Pete (my long lost commenter). Yes, Pete was the top taster that helped me put the final touches on this shooter.