Monday, April 18, 2011

Cure and Cities

I've been eating my way around town since I got back from Iceland and found some fun new places.  
Photo by Kristen Finn

Cure is a beautiful spot in the Grand Hyatt Hotel offering delicious food and healthy cocktails.
Cure Bar and Bistro Photos by Kristen Finn


While these two spots are totally different, I couldn't help but see a couple similarities in the menu items.  Both restaurants feature Caprese salads.  While both were very delicious, I think Cities had a slightly nicer presentation.  

Both restaurants serve mac 'n cheese.  While I thought Cities was quite creative with the Cheeto topping, Cure's Smoked Pennsylvania Ham and Cheese blew me away.  It was probably the best mac 'n cheese I've had in town with the rich and creamy sauce and the perfectly browned crumbs.  

Cure also makes the best corn bread I've tasted with bacon, egg and cheese.  You must stop by to get a taste!!
Photo by Kristen Finn

The BLT with crispy pork belly, baby arugula and tomato jam is to die for.  The pork belly melts in your mouth and isn't full of fat like other pork belly I've tried before.  
Photo by Kristen Finn

The salt and sugar cured braised duck is a must-try.  You can taste the essence of vanilla.  The meat falls off the bone after hours of roasting.
Photo by Kristen Finn

In December 2010, Cities Restaurant and Lounge opened on 19th near the K Street power corridor for Washington lobbyists. The new all small plates menu is now available, the 1,250 sq. ft. outdoor patio is about to open and Saturday brunch launched this month.
Photo by Emily Clack

My favorite dish at Cities is the Slow Braised Beef with goat cheese whipped potatoes and asparagus.  Cities offers a fantastic cocktail list.  

Cities Photos by Emily Clack

You must get in soon to try their current dishes because every six months, the restaurant will change the menu and experience to focus on a different exotic destination.

Photo by Emily Clack
 Both places are fun spots for food and drinks.  

Cities on Urbanspoon

Cure Bar and Bistro on Urbanspoon

No comments: