Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Overview: El Centro



Initial Thoughts:
  • Design and Decor:  Ambiance inspired by the dining experiences of Mexico City
  • Food:  Casual Mexican food.  I loved the shrimp quesadillas from the late-night menu.
  • Drinks:  200 tequilas and mezcals
  • Price: Reasonable
  • Would I go back?  Yes.
El Centro is a great new neighborhood hot spot.  It is a fun place to enjoy drinks on the roof or explore the tequila in the  underground Tequileria.  The collection was curated by Danielle Griffin, Chef Sandoval’s accredited Tequila Sommelier, and Courtenay Greenleaf, who manages North America’s largest list of Tequilas at Chef Sandoval’s Biblioteca de Tequila in New York City.  

This an awesome spot to go with a group for drinks and refined Mexican dishes.  I'll admit that the first time I dined at El Centro, I wasn't overly impressed, but I went back for seconds and I could tell that the restaurant got better.  

The guacamole had more flavor than before, the staff is more knowledgeable, the tacos were tasty and the drinks are delicious.  I love the white creamy rice.  
Make sure to try the Lavanda cocktail and the Corzo tequila flight.  Head in early on the weekends because the roof gets packed quickly and you'll want to avoid waiting in the line. 
Flan and Tres Leches cake


1819 14th Street, NW
El Centro D.F. on Urbanspoon

No comments: