Saturday, August 10, 2013

Sticky Fingers Unveils New Menu


By Rachel Pryor

DC's own vegan bakery heaven just got even better, unveiling some new treats, both sweet and savory....and all delicious. I was excited to taste some of the new offerings from my favorite cupcake shop.

We were greeted by local DC raw food company Gouter, with a glass of refreshing tonic.

I liked it so much, I bought a bottle of my favorite flavor, watermelon. All of Gouter's tonics are hand pressed in DC and made fresh daily.





Armed with a healthy start to the evening, we made our way to the trays and trays of fresh, homemade doughnuts. Sticky Fingers' doughnuts are maybe some of the best I've ever had- vegan or non-vegan. My favorite was the Chocolate-drenched boston creme pie doughnut.






My companion loved the pecan-maple flavored twist doughnut.





We finished off our piles of doughnuts with some homemade hummus and coconut ice cream milkshakes....I'd post a photo of my cookies 'n cream vegan milkshake, but it was so good, I drank it too fast and forgot all about taking a picture!





I can't wait to go back to Sticky Fingers and try some of their new brunch and hot sandwich items- of course, I'll have to get another milkshake and doughnut for dessert.



Bottom Line: Sticky Fingers isn't just good vegan food, it's just plain good. If you haven't made a visit out to this unique Columbia Heights eatery, make sure to put it on your list to drop-in.



Sticky Fingers is located at 1370 Park Road NW, right off the Columbia Heights metro. For more information, visit http://stickyfingersbakery.com
Sticky Fingers Sweets & Eats on Urbanspoon

No comments: