Thursday, October 18, 2018

Dining Out: Little Beast Neighborhood Cafe and Bistro

I have found my new favorite neighborhood spot. Little Beast Café and Bistro just opened up in Northwest DC – and now we finally have a place to relax, drink, eat, and enjoy the local community. 


When arriving at Little Beast, I was greeted by the owner Aaron Gordon, the restaurateur behind Red Velvet Cupcakery, Bakers and Baristas, Red Light and Drafting Table, along with his beautiful wife Melina and his adorable two “little beasts,” Mila and Vivian. The owner and his family were so friendly, and the restaurant was so welcoming that I wanted to sit down at the table and enjoy dinner with them! 




The restaurant is at the same time casual, sophisticated, and family friendly – I was indulging in pizza while goofing off with the neighborhood kiddos and ordering a cocktail at the inside-outside bar. This might sound silly, but it felt so homey and comfortable – I could really feel the community around me in this new little restaurant. Coming from the Midwest, I am always craving a friendly place to hang out, meet people, and breathe fresh, non-competitive air. Little Beast is that place. 




Currently, Little Beast is open from 5pm-Close. However, this month they will be expanding the bistro and café hours, opening their doors at 7AM. 



The bistro offers a variety of dishes from a wood-burning oven, including specialty pizzas, sharable dishes and a selection of full-sized entrees. We shared the spicy lamb ragu and, because of the fall weather, the BBQ Pork pizza (with butternut squash!) Since I am a cheese lover, I couldn’t resist the white pizza with bacon either. To wash down the carbs, we ordered the Big Beast cocktail, which is like a mix between a Moscow mule and a fall-themed beverage (so you know we got two of them!!) 




During the day, the café will offer house-baked pastries, Red Velvet Cupcakery cupcakes, egg specialties including quiches and sandwiches on brioche, and of course, locally-roasted coffee from Vigilante. 



Little Beast on Connecticut is all at once super trendy while incredibly laidback. I couldn’t help but imagine meeting my mom for coffee in the mornings, posing with all the artwork and laughing with my nieces and nephews, bringing a date to sit at the bar, or ordering some shareables with the girls from my book club. 



I can’t wait to go back. For more information, check out their website here: Little Beast 


Little Beast 
Neighborhood Café and Bistro 
5600 Connecticut Avenue NW DC

No comments: