Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Eating Around Town: Hazel

I'll be the first to admit that I don't get out much now that I have an almost two year old.  When my friend asked me to come out for a girls dinner, I was excited to try Hazel.

In five short blocks, I was sitting at their super cute patio with faux grass on the ground.  The restaurant is directly across the street from the new Atlantic Plumbing movie theater.  

Seems like it could be a great date night dinner and movie idea.  

I loved the steak tartare with tater tots and caramelized onion dip.  So good.  The gnocchi bokki with pork-kimchi ragu was delicious.  It sounded more exotic than it tasted (more like an Italian ragu).  The seafood pancake with the fire panda sauce was a fun dish.  We thought the sauce would be spicy, but it was more like a homemade Sriracha.  I wish I had more pics, but it was dark when I arrived and I'm not a fan of the flash.  

We also tried the barbecued carrots, hamachi crudo and the charcoal grilled branzino.  All good, but not "must-order" dishes.  

The service was excellent and I'd definitely recommend checking out Hazel for girls night or date night.  Cheers!
Hazel Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments: