Thursday, June 15, 2017

Museum Hack: National Gallery of Art


Recently I decided I needed to check out more of the museums in my city, but I didn't want to feel like another dead-eyed tourist. I really wanted to go on a museum tour, but I was worried it was going to be boring and generic. When I heard about Museum Hack, my ears perked up. 


Museum Hack is a unique way to tour museums, with cool tour guides that share scandalous stories about the art and artists, games and activities interspersed throughout the tours, prizes, and hysterical conversations! I couldn't believe how much fun I was having--and how much I was learning--while touring the National Gallery of Art. I am no history buff, but I loved hearing about the drama, scandals, romance, and revenge that occurred behind a certain piece of art. I never thought I would be talking about sex scandals from the 1800s, acting as a matchmaker with Leonardo da Vinci paintings, going through a museum playing "Buy, Burn, or Steal" with the art, or posing ridiculously around strangers in a museum.  


My experience with Museum Hack made me want to go on more tours with them. My tour guide was friendly and down to earth--and made sure to get to know and entertain the entire group throughout the tour. Museum Hack offers two different tours in D.C. at the National Gallery of Art, the Un-Highlights Tour and the Badass Bitches Tour. I have only been to the Un-Highlights tour, and am now planning my next trip! 

Museum Hack tours in D.C. are scheduled on Sundays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays at 11:30am and 2:30pm. The tour is two hours long and full of entertainment, but I know I could have stayed all day listening to stories and learning more unconventional and hysterical history. 


At the end of the tour we all got individual Polaroids from our trip to the Museum and an embarrassing "tableau vivant" group photo as well as one person getting a prize! This Museum Hack tour made me fall in love with museums all over again. The Museum Hack experience is available in D.C., NYC, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Philadelphia. Museum Hack accommodates private groups, parties, individuals, and company team building tours. 

For more information go to: Museum Hack


No comments: