Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Home and Hungry

I made it home to St. Louis and immediately started eating my way around town.  There's a ton of new places to try and I haven't been disappointed.


The top spot is Vicia.  We did the tasting menu thanks to my friend, the King of the Hill.  The 15+ courses were all excellent.
One of my favorite parts was the field trip to the open fire for the bread course.  The flavors are fresh and the service is exceptional.
Vicia Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato


Jilly's has some amazing seasonal flavors.  I loved the peach gooey butter cupcake.  Get the minis so you can try a bunch.
Jilly's Cupcake Bar & Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

We were trying to go to Momo's, but couldn't find outside seating so we stopped into Frida's.  They have a nice patio and good happy hour wine, but I found a long gray hair in my food and was pretty grossed out.  I can't say that I'll be back.
Frida's Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Tani has delicious sushi.  Don't miss the Oh my God roll and the tuna poke.  Good place to sit outside and people watch.
Tani Sushi Bistro Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Pastaria lived up to the hype.  Don't miss the risotto balls and the zucchini lasagna.  That said, every dish was tasty.  I'll be back for sure.
Pastaria Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Sardella has a fun and eclectic menu.  I'm going back again to check out lunch.  Yum!
Sardella Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Not only is Nixta a super cute spot, but the food was tasty.  I loved the Tlayuda with burrata and carrot-coriander salsa.  Exciting flavors!
Nixta Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Half & Half:  Great brunch spot.  Nice and strong coffee and solid food.  What more could you ask for?!
Half & Half Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Basso:  Good place to grab a drink.  The food was average.  I'd go back again to check out more of the menu.
Basso Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Heavy Riff impressed me with the bbq and bar bites.  Good beer and food.
Heavy Riff Brewing Company Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Taste:  Love the cocktails, but the food is also delicious.  Fun place to sit outside in the Central West End.
Taste Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments: