Saturday, April 18–6 to 9 p.m.
at Johnny’s Half Shell
programmed by the Southern Foodways Alliance
and underwritten by Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey
· Potlikker Shots
· Woodfired Florida Hoecakes - Terrell Danley, Crème
· Delta Catfish Tamales — Ann Cashion, Johnny’s Half Shell
· Buttermilk Brined Fried Chicken - Gillian Clark, Georgia Avenue Meeting House
· Heirloom Pigs in Handstitched Blankets - Jeffrey Buben, Vidalia
· Jack and Sweets Pie - David Guas, Damgoodsweet
· Jazz from the Jimmy Burrell Band
Travel the South, state by state, dish by dish, with SFA produced and directed short films:
· ”Eat or We Both Starve,” Taylor Grocery, Taylor, Mississippi
· ”Feeding the Soul at Jones Valley Urban Farm,” Birmingham, Alabama
· ”Hot Chicken,” Prince’s Hot Chicken Shack, Nashville, Tennessee
And take a look at D.C. foodways, courtesy of Nina Gilden Seavey’s, “A Short History of Sweet Potato Pie And How it Became a Flying Saucer”
· Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey
ADMISSION, by advance reservation, is a measly $40.
To register, click here to buy your tickets online now, or visit www.southernfoodways.com. Events sell out quickly, and early registration is encouraged. Tickets will not be available at the door.