Friday, August 30, 2013

Thinking of Drinking: Casablanca Cocktail

-->Feel like you've traveled to Morocco without leaving DC by trying this Casablanca Cocktail.  Are you thinking of drinking?  I am.  You can find this recipe and more in the Capital Cooking Cookbook.

- 2 oz I Spirit vodka
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 oz honey simple syrup
- Sugar for rimming
Garnish: lemon spiral

Rim martini glass with sugar. Mix honey simple syrup, vodka and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake it like the earthquake!  Strain into a chilled martin glass rimmed with sugar. 

To make honey simple syrup, mix 4 parts honey to 1 part hot water.

Try this and learn more by watching our Taste of Morocco episode or take one of my Moroccan Nights Cooking Classes. Thanks Alili! Email me at to find out more!


Angie said...

Mmmm..sounds good!

capitalcooking said...

Thanks Angie! I really like the photos on your blog.