I recently hosted a dinner party with an Italian theme. I came up with this delicious spread for an appetizer and it was a big hit.
- 1 1/2 cups fresh ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons MarDona Specialty Products Truffle Honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 baguette
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Slice the baguette into thin rounds, drizzle with olive oil and toast under the broiler.
- Mix ricotta with honey.
- Place the ricotta in a shallow serving dish.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Garnish with fresh herbs.
- Serve with crostini.