Monday, August 13, 2018

Tofu Avocado Toast, Pineapple Right Side Up Pancakes, Fresh Mimosas: Silver is THE Brunch Spot in DC



I am always looking for a new spot to brunch with my girls. Chef Ype has outdone himself at his modern farm-to-table diner with an incredible all day brunch menu! 


Chef Ype wanted to make sure the menu had delicious, healthy options, and went out of his way to prepare flexitarian options, including incredible vegan, gluten-free, and vegetarian dishes (but don’t worry meat-eaters, he has stuff for you too!) 



Now, I am an avocado addict. My friends always know that when we go to brunch I am immediately looking at what kind of avocado toast options they have. While brunching outside this summer at Silver, Chef Ype recommended I try his Sambal Glazed Tofu Avocado Toast. I was apprehensive to add tofu to my favorite dish, but I knew Chef Ype wouldn’t steer me wrong. 



I tried all of the different avocado toast combinations that Silver has, including: Avocado Toast with Ducktrap River Smoked Salmon, Burrata Avocado Toast with tomatoes, olive oil, balsamic glaze, and candied pistachios, Avocado Toast with Cinnamon Chipotle Shrimp, Avocado Toast with farm-fresh eggs on top, and of course, Avocado Toast with Sambal Glazed Tofu. 




After sampling all of the avo-toast combinations, I couldn’t believe which one was my favorite: The toast with TOFU! I couldn’t stop eating it! I didn’t realize how delicious tofu could be, especially with their avo-toast recipe! The toast went perfectly with their Mimosas (prepared with fresh-squeezed OJ) and their peach bellinis. 



Now, if you aren't the biggest avocado toast fan, don't worry! Chef Ype has tons of incredible options to try, including the delicious Pineapple Right Side up Pancakes with coconut, raspberries, and honey-thyme butter or the organic Oatmeal Banana Brulee with pecans and caramelized sugar. These two dishes went so well with their fresh Compass Coffee! 



Silver has all the brunch classics, including their crispy fried chicken and waffles and their southern eggs Benedict, as well as healthier selections such as their gluten-free shrimp and grits, veggie grain bowls, fresh fruit parfaits, and their beyond meat burgers. Silver serves breakfast, brunch, lunch, and dinner, as well as serving cocktails and local brews at the bar. Silver has awesome Happy Hour specials and an incredible outside patio to people watch (or bring your doggo!).


Make sure to book your next brunch date at Silver! 



Silver has two locations in the DC area: 



CATHEDRAL COMMONS 
3404 Wisconsin Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20016 
Hours: 
Sunday – Thursday, 7:00am – 12:00am 
Friday + Saturday, 7:00am – 1:00am 



BETHESDA 
7150 Woodmont Avenue, Bethesda, MD 20815 
Hours: 
Sunday – Thursday, 7:00am – 12:00am 
Friday + Saturday, 7:00am – 1:00am

For more information or to make reservations, go to: Silver

No comments: