Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Opening: Shake Shack Penn Quarter


Though I have previously walked from Metro Center to the Dupont location during my lunch break, I can't complain about being that much closer to burgers, fries and shakes now that Shack Shake has opened in Penn Quarter alongside the Spy Museum.





We did our part to help the new staff fine tune their skills for the official grand opening by stopping by the Friends and Family event Tuesday evening. Guests were able to order hot food from the full menu while beer, wine and custard were passed around throughout the evening. 



At the Dupont Circle location I typically kept things simple by ordering the ShackBurger (pictured above). 


I changed things up a bit this time around by giving the SmokeShack a try. My taste buds do not handle spices very well, but the cherry peppers provided the perfect amount of kick to the juicy burger.



I've always enjoyed my side of crinkle cut fries, as they are crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, just like a well cooked fry should be. These fries always make me think of my childhood, and are what I would have hoped to get from the oven each time my parents purchased fries from the freezer aisle. 


As for the frozen desserts, you really can't complete your Shake Shack meal without a shake or concrete. The shakes are thick, but not too thick. At some other burger joints, getting the shake through the straw is often a struggle, but at Shake Shack, I  enjoyed my vanilla shake with ease.


I like the chunks of cheesecake blondies that are added to vanilla custard in the Beltway Blondie.


Shake Shack at 800 F Street NW will be open Sunday thru Thursday, 11 AM – 11 PM and Friday and Saturday, 11 AM – 12 AM.  For Shake Shack's full menu, visit http://www.shakeshack.com/location/f-street-dc/.
Shake Shack on Urbanspoon

No comments: