Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Perfect Pair: Francis Ford Coppola Winery

I recently had the pleasure of enjoying an entire dinner paired with the wines of Francis Ford Coppola.  Not only are the wines delicious, but they our relatively inexpensive for the quality.  

We began the evening at Ruth's Chris Steak House with some Sear Ahi Tuna and Bruschetta Crostini paired with 2011 Sofia Blanc de Blancs.  
Then, we were spoiled with the chilled Shellfish Salad with tiger shrimp and lump crabmeat paired with the 2011 Diamond Chardonnay.  

On to the next one:  Wild Mushroom Risotto paired with the 2010 Votre Sante Pinot Noir.  
My belly was getting a bit full, but I surely made room for the 8 ounce filet and lobster tail Rockefeller paired with the 2010 Diamond Claret.  
The last course was too rich for my taste (chocolate sin cake), but I loved the 2010 Director's Cut Cabernet.  The label is super cool.   After hearing the amazing stories from winemaker, Corey Beck, I'm already dreaming of my trip to California wine country for a visit.  I loved all of the wines and plan to enjoy them frequently.  Try some for yourself at the next dinner party.

Special thank you to Francis Ford Coppola Winery and Ruth's Chris for a lovely evening.
Ruth's Chris Steak House on Urbanspoon

No comments: