Thursday, February 12, 2009

Review: Solly's

Usually if I don't have something nice to say, I don't say it at all, but last night was different. We went to Solly's located in my neighborhood on U Street and I've been there before to watch basketball upstairs. It is nothing special... a dive bar. Crappy menu even for bar food. We tried to go to our favorite spot to watch games at Momo's but it was too crowded so we went to Solly's. Most bars would be happy to have a group of 20 people come through the door to watch a game especially in this economy...not Solly's. The bartender was rude about turning the game on. Then my friend ordered a Miller Lite and was given 2 Highlifes. He told the bartender that it wasn't what he ordered and rather than give him what he asked for the bartender said, "Too bad, they are open." After this experience, I'm not going back.

Solly's U Street Tavern on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

sarah said...

well..at least you weren't there when the cab drove through the window. karma?

Anonymous said...

It's a great bar for catching up with friends! Good people and atmosphere. Although, if you don't like it rough on the edges, it's not your style.