Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Dining Out: The Best Place in DC for Brussel Sprouts


I am always on the look-out for delicious Brussels Sprouts. Brussels Sprouts are rich with nutrients that support the body's detox system, its antioxidant system, and its inflammatory/anti-inflammatory system, and they’re delectable to eat! I can’t get enough of them, but for some reason Brussels sprouts have such a bad reputation. Any time I try to order them with my family, my dad immediately pipes out, “I hate Brussels Sprouts! Anything but that!” Sadly, when he was younger, he ate over-boiled, unseasoned, smelly Sprouts. Fortunately for me, I have tasted incredible Brussels sprouts, and have become obsessed with the healthy vegetable. When they are prepared correctly, they are all at once crunchy and soft, savory and nutty, sweet and scorched!

I’ve come to find that my favorite Brussels Sprouts in DC are prepared by Chef Ype from Silver.


Every time I look at his menu, I cannot drift from ordering these mouthwatering veggies. His crispy fried Brussels Sprouts are fresh, and beautifully caramelized with a cinnamon chipotle seasoning. He mixes the fried sprouts with dried apricots and cranberries (HEAVENLY COMBO!) and sprinkles in crunchy pecans with a simple southwest ranch dipping sauce. I have had this dish multiple times with friends and family – I love watching their faces as they try it! 

Head over to Silver to try out these delicious (and nutritious) veggies, as well as his other incredible dishes, including his famous Beignets that won him the title on Chopped! Chef Ype never disappoints. 


Silver Locations in the DC area: 

CATHEDRAL COMMONS 

3404 Wisconsin Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20016 
Hours: 
Sunday – Thursday, 7:00am – 12:00am 
Friday + Saturday, 7:00am – 1:00am 

BETHESDA 

7150 Woodmont Avenue, Bethesda, MD 20815 
Hours: 
Sunday – Thursday, 7:00am – 12:00am 
Friday + Saturday, 7:00am – 1:00am 

For more information on menu items, visit their website here!

No comments: