Thursday, July 19, 2018

Coffee Meets Stroopwafel: The Love Story I Didn’t Know I Needed



I love every type of coffee: espresso shots, hazelnut cappuccinos, iced caramel macchiatos, vanilla lattes, or just a simple black cup of Joe. I started drinking coffee about 6 months ago. Before then, I hated it. I never thought I would enjoy the taste of coffee, but in reality, I had never appreciated such a unique taste. I can’t go a day without it now, and I feel so silly that I didn’t give coffee a chance sooner. One morning, while sipping a fresh cup of coffee from my nespresso machine, I had the urge to dip something into it. But what? I had seen people dip donuts into coffee, but I wanted something chewier and lighter. Biscottis are always so crunchy and bland; I wanted something that was crumbly but soft.

And then… I tried a Daelman’s Stroopwafel. The classic Dutch caramel waffle. 


It was the perfect treat to indulge in with a giant cup of Joe. Every bite surprised me; I couldn’t believe I liked it as much as I did. I thought it would just be a stale waffle. Boy was I wrong. I put the stroopwafel over my hot coffee and let the heat rise into the thin waffles and begin to melt the interior caramel. The entire room started to smell so delicious, after less than a minute I couldn’t wait any longer! The warm coffee paired so well with the thin waffles glued together with a caramel syrup center. Thin, gooey, and chewy…it was perfect to dip in my mug while reading the news. I savored every bite of my stroopwafel and coffee combination and couldn’t wait to have another love affair the next morning. 

That day, I got online to send a package of Stroopwafels to my mom, who is a coffee lover as well, and found that Daelman’s also offers other stroopwafel flavors and sizes—even stroopwafel minis!—and they have super creative recipes to try as well (savory and sweet!!). I can’t wait to bake with my stroopwafels! I will definitely share the recipes. Have any ideas? Let me know!

Daelmans Stroopwafels are distributed in the U.S. in Grocery, Mass, Convenience, Drug and Specialty chains including 7-Eleven, Albertson’s, HEB, Publix, Safeway, Stop & Shop, Target Stores, Walgreens, Wawa, Barnes & Noble Starbucks Cafes, and Cost Plus World Markets, among others, plus finer independent food retailers across the U.S. Consumers can also find Daelmans Stroopwafels at 30,000 feet, aboard the world’s leading airlines. For more information on where to find Daelmans Stroopwafels locally, visit: www.thebrandpassport.com/stores.

-->

No comments: