Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Restaurant Review: Richard Blais' Flip Burger Boutique

While visiting family in Atlanta over Labor Day weekend, my boyfriend and I indulged our Top Chef obsession and visited Richard Blais' Flip Burger Boutique.

Being fans of Spike Mendelsohn's Good Stuff Eatery, we wanted to compare one Top Chef burger place to another. There is no denying the insanity that revolves around a trip to Good Stuff. From the line to the last minute milkshake decision to the sampling of each mayonnaise, it's a hectic process. Flip Burger, on the other hand, is a more relaxing and traditional sit-down restaurant. Complete with bar and ample seating, the interior was fun and modern.

As for the food, excellent! I was blown away by my meal and left desperately wishing Flip Burger would make its way up to D.C.
The burgers are 5.5 ounces and the meat only comes from grass fed cows.



The Southern burger (top left hand corner) came complete with country fried beef, pimento cheese, b&b pickles, green tomatoes and ketchup.

The rBQ (bottom left hand corner) is barbeque brisket at its finest. Pulled brisket, flip slaw, rBQ sauce and smoked mayo--this burger made me question my loyalty to Kansas City barbeque.

On the right are delicious Zucchini Fries with Gremolata mayonnaise. Simple and satisfying!

I am a dessert fanatic, so it was impossible for me to pass up the opportunity to taste one of the many milkshakes on the menu. We shared the Nutella + Burnt Marshmallow milkshake. Although I love burnt marshmallows, I didn't love them on top of this shake. They became cold and chewy after a few minutes and I ended up eating them separately. The milkshake itself was great but nothing can beat Spike's Toasted Marshmallow.
Since we split the shake, they put it into two separate glasses. It's the little things.
It's tough to decide which burger place we enjoy more. Good Stuff and Flip Burger offer entirely different concepts, with each excelling at what they do. For us, it was a toss up but I'd love to hear your opinions!

If you're in the Atlanta area, Flip Burger Boutique is a must try--you won't be disappointed!

Flip Burger Boutique is located at:
1587 Howell Mill Road NW
Atlanta, GA 30318


FLIP Burger Boutique

No comments: