Monday, July 15, 2013

Recipe: Roasted Red Pepper Hummus

I needed a quick snack to bring with us on our tubing trip.  I messed up my grocery list so I came back without the hummus that I intended to purchase.  Luckily, I had the necessary ingredients in my pantry to make my own.  It turned out delicious.  Perfect for a meal on-the-go, picnic, or party!


1 garlic clove, mashed
15-oz can of garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed
1/3 cup of tahini
1/6 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/4 cup water
1/8 cup olive oil
1/4 teaspoon of salt
3 tablespoon of roasted red peppers, chopped

In a food processor, combine the garlic, garbanzo beans, tahini, lemon juice, 1/2 cup water, roasted red peppers and olive oil. Process until smooth. Add salt to taste.  Serve with pita chips and veggies.

No comments: