Thursday, March 28, 2013

Easter Menu and Pairings

My mom and sister are coming in town to celebrate with me so I'm going to make a delicious Easter Feast complete with wine pairings. I always celebrate on Saturday so I can spend the day at the wineries on Sunday.  Recipes coming soon!  What are your plans this year?

A wonderful way to start the celebration is with a glass of bubbles. I suggest Champagne Laurent-Perrier Brut L-P ($39.99), Bellenda Prosecco Brut ($19.99), and Carpene Malvolti Prosecco Brut ($19.99).  


Baked Citrus Les Freres (Crave Brothers and Ventura Orangecello)

Spinach and Pea Salad with Pine Nuts and Pesto 

Main Event:

Lobster Risotto (Get Maine Lobster) with Cakebread Chardonnay ($37.00)

Garlic and Herb Lamb Loin Chops (Tri-Lamb Group) with Halter Ranch Côtes de Paso 2010 ($30.00)

Baked Ham with  Bodegas Franco Espanolas Rioja Bordon Gran Reserva ($25) or Angoris Villa Locatelli Refosco ($12)


Deviled Egg Salad 

Asparagus with Lemon and Butter 

I suggest the Pinot Bianco from Villa Locatelli ($12) or Bodegas Franco Espanolas Rioja Royal White ($10).  These wines are made only in stainless steel which makes them fresh and very fruit forward wines highlighting their minerality.


Savvy Treats Carrot Cake Cupcakes and Baked by Yael Carrot Cake Pops paired with Taylor Fladgate 10 Year Old Tawny Port ($31.99)


Signature Easter Punch (Thyme, Ventura Limoncello, Half Moon Orchard Gin)

I'm also pairing the meal with Sexy Wine.

No comments: