- Christmas Eve
- Join Chef Todd Gray at Equinox for an elegant Christmas Eve feast starting at 5:30pm. The menu will include traditional fish dishes and innovative seafood creations, with wine pairings. Top off the evening with a mulled bourbon manhattan served in a festive, ginger-rimmed martini glass. Reservations are recommended and can be made by calling 202.331.8118. (Price TBD).
- 2941 Restaurant will offer its guests a special three-course prix-fixe dinner priced at $65 per person, not including tax and gratuity. The holiday dinner menu will be offered from 4 – 10:30 PM, and will include a special three-course children’s menu priced at $25 per child. Executive Chef Bertrand Chemel will offer luxurious savory dishes, such as Hudson Valley Foie Gras with praline brioche, spinach and pomegranate jus, Duck Consommé with duck shumai, black truffle and smoked quail egg and Crispy Lobster Tail with lobster-coconut curry and basmati rice. The meal will be rounded off with festive desserts such as Bûche de Noël with chocolate biscuit and peppermint mousse and Mont Blanc soufflé with candied chestnut cream, brown sugar meringue and eggnog ice cream.
- BOURBON STEAK will celebrate Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with a special three-course prix-fixe dinner. Priced at $90 per person, not including tax and gratuity, dinner will include appetizers such as Brown butter basted Maine lobster risotto with Perigord black truffles, Roasted chestnut soup with spiced marshmallows and foie gras and Bristol Bay King Crab with cauliflower panna cotta. The restaurant will serve dinner from 5:30 – 10:00 PM on December 24 and December 25, 2011.
- Fiola looks forward to offering Christmas Eve dinner guests a traditional Italian Feast of the Seven Fishes. The eight-course menu will be priced at $125 per person, not including tax and gratuity. Fiola will also offer their regular a la carte menu on Christmas Eve. The Feast of the Seven Dishes dinner will be served from 5 – 11:30 PM.
- This holiday, The Source by Wolfgang Puck has a special treat in store for duck lovers with its prix-fixe roasted duck dinner. Priced at $49 per person, not including tax and gratuity, the menu will include the popular Peking duck served with an array of complementary sides and end with the restaurant’s signature 15-layer carrot cake. The special duck dinner will be offered from December 22, 2011 to December 24, 2011. Reservations are required for the prix-fixe special and can be made at 202- 637-6100.
- 701 Restaurant, located at 701 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, will be offering a $58 per person four-course menu in addition to an a la carte menu from 5 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. on Christmas Eve. For reservations or additional information please call (202) 393-0701 or visit www.701restaurant.com.
- Bibiana Osteria-Enoteca, located at 1100 New York Ave, NW (corner of 12th and H Streets, NW), will offer a traditional Feast of Seven Fishes available from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Christmas Eve. Prepared by Executive Chef Nicholas Stefanelli, the meal will consist of fish and pasta, following the Roman Catholic tradition to refrain from the consumption of meat or milk on holy days. The numerology represents the seven sacraments and seven days of creation. Priced at $65 per person. For reservations please call (202) 216-9550 or visit www.bibianadc.com.
- Ardeo+Bardeo, located at 3311 Connecticut Avenue, NW, will offer the best of modern America cuisine this Christmas Eve. Ardeo+Bardeo will offer regular brunch service from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. and a festive holiday menu from 5 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. Guests will have the option to select off the seasonal a la carte menu or opt for the $50 prix fixe offering. Standout dishes from the prix fixe menu include Scallops Schnitzel with quince, spiced walnuts and brown butter; Spinach Salad with gnocchi, braised fennel and truffle vinaigrette; Extra Virgin Olive Oil Poached Cod with black lentils, Spanish chorizo and salsa verde as well as Seven Hour Braised Suckling Pig with cheddar grits, black-eyed peas, redeye gravy and peanuts. For more information, please call (202) 244-6750 or visit http://www.ardeorestaurant.com.
- Blue Duck Tavern, located on the corner of 24th and M Streets, NW, will be offering all the farm fresh favorites this holiday season. On Christmas Eve, newly appointed Executive Chef Sebastien Archambault and Chef de Cuisine John Melfi will be offering their regular a la carte menu from 6 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. Then, on Christmas Day, the restaurant will be offering a fixed-price, three-course buffet-style brunch including first course, entree with sides and dessert from 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. The brunch fixed-price menu is $90 per person for adults and $42 for children between six and 12. Children under six years of age are complimentary guests. Christmas Day dinner, from 6 p.m. to 10:30 p.m., will feature the wholesome all-American Blue Duck Tavern a la carte menu. For reservations or additional information please call (202) 419-6755 or visit www.blueducktavern.com.
- Station 4 is offering a three-course, pre-fixe menu
priced at $40 per person from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. this Christmas Eve. For reservations or additional information
please call (202) 488-0987 or visit http://www.station4dc.com/.
- Christmas Day: Celebrate Christmas at J and G Steakhouse. For $75, enjoy delicious interpretations of Christmas classics, including butternut squash soup with fall mushrooms, rice cracker crusted tuna with citrus chili sauce, grilled filet mignon with soy-caramel sauce and gingered mushrooms, and green apple crisp with cinnamon ice cream. View the full menu here. For a night cap, try the hot toddy with spiced apple cider and High West Rendezvous Rye. The regular dinner menu will also be available. Reservations are recommended and can be made online or by phone. Christmas Hours: Breakfast, 8:00am - 10:30am; Lunch/Dinner: 12:00pm - 9:00pm.
- New Year's Eve
- Newseum New Year's Eve Party 2011
- Graffiato: Not interested in long lines and cover charges? Head to Graffiato in Chinatown, where it's dinner as usual starting at 5:00pm. Make a toast with the prosecco on tap, and warm up with a Hot in the City - house-pressed pear cider, Jefferson's Rye, winter spices and apple chip. New Year's Eve reservations can only be made by calling 202.289.3600.
- J and G Steakhouse: Ring in 2012 in style at J and G Steakhouse. Host a private party in the "New Year's Eve Bubble Lounge," a wine bar package for up to 20 guests that includes perks like a private bartender, valet and private entrance with a red carpet, complimentary cook books and full access to the W Hotel's rooftop POV Lounge. Or, enjoy decadent offerings like foie gras brulé, sautéed Maine lobster and black truffle fritters from the prix fixe menu from 8:00 - 10:00pm. Reservations can be made online, and pricing varies by seating time and wine pairing option. Call 202.661.2440 for all private dining requests.
- Smith Commons: Check out Smith Commons on H Street for a sumptuous three-course dinner and dance party this New Year's Eve. For $60 per person, guests can enjoy complimentary hors d'oeuvres from 7:00 - 9:00pm, a prix fixe menu with highlights like braised short ribs and lobster ragout, a complimentary Moet Imperial Champagne toast at midnight and live music and DJ entertainment until 3:00am. Seatings are from 6:00 - 7:30pm and 9:00 - 10:30pm. Reservations are recommended, and can be made online or by calling 202.396.0038. Smith Commons is also open on New Year's Day for brunch, "Smith Hour" and dinner.
- February 11-12th, the 13th Annual Washington DC International Wine and Food Festival (IWFF) will celebrate the world of wine, food and culture, and shine a light on DC's diversity and prominence as a world-class destination for wine and food.