Monday, August 27, 2012

Eating and Drinking Around Town: Izakaya Seki, The Columbia Room and More

This summer has treated my stomach well.  I've been eating all over town and loving every minute.  Where have you been eating and drinking this summer?
 
I made another trip to El Chucho Cocina Superior.  You just can't go wrong with their street corn and $5 margs.
El Chucho Cocina Superior on Urbanspoon
Izakaya Seki offers Japanese food and great service.  We really liked the Wasabi Chicken Tenders and the Cream Croquettes with bechamel, crab and corn.  They also have my favorite sparkling sake.
 
Izakaya Seki on Urbanspoon
 
Looking for late night?  Restaurant Judy has the best pork and cheese pupusas at really great prices.
 
Restaurant Judy on Urbanspoon
 
Taqueria Distrito Federal may look like a hole in the wall, but the food is actually pretty good.  I liked the beef burrito with the salsa de aguacate.
 
Taqueria Distrito Federal on Urbanspoon
 
I finally made a long overdue visit to the Columbia Room.  This cute and small rooms offers delicious cocktails.  Katie Nelson is not only knowledgeable, but she makes a mean Pimm's Cup.  Looking forward to checking it out again to try the tasting menu.
 
Columbia Room on Urbanspoon
 
Another first, I stopped into Ping Pong Dim Sum in Chinatown for happy hour.  I was pleasantly surprised by their delicious dim sum and great prices.
Ping Pong Dim Sum on Urbanspoon

No comments: