- Design and Decor: Tall, communal tables reminiscent of an old design studio or an engineer’s office. The entire restaurant incorporates natural and lightly stained oak wood throughout.
- Food: Eclectic dishes sourced locally. Try the Kaya Toast with coconut jam, fried egg and soy broth.
- Drinks: 16 beers available by the draft and 20 available by the bottle and can.
- Service: They were still getting the hang of things. Took a while to get served a drink, but I'm sure it will be better after they've been open for a while.
- Would I go back? Yes. This is a good spot to watch a game, have a beer with friends or grab a casual bite to eat.
Washingtonian native Aaron Gordon, owner of Rabbit, Red Velvet Cupcakery and Tangysweet frozen yogurt shops, recently opened Drafting Table. The restaurant puts an eclectic spin on bar-style food.
The Kaya Toast with coconut jam, fried egg and soy broth is based on a dish served in Australia.
The Burger with crispy blue cheese, apricot chutney and onion jam was delicious. Make sure you save room for dessert!
The Chocolate Pudding, Snickers Pie and Grilled Pound Cake a la mode are not to be missed. You'll find a comfortable and inviting atmosphere. Looking forward to grabbing another beer and burger sometime soon.
Drafting Table is located in the vibrant 14th street neighborhood at 1529 14th Street, NW, 20005. For additional information please visit www.draftingtabledc.com.