Christmas is a time for gathering with family and friends, and this year Washington area restaurants have you covered.
- Bastille, located at 1201 N Royal Street in Old Town Alexandria offers a contemporary French Christmas Eve bistro meal. Dinner will be served from 5:30-9:30 pm. Guests have a choice of four courses of the best of local farms’ seasonal offerings at $85 prix fixe or $129 with wine pairings, inclusive of tax and gratuity. Reservations are encouraged and can be made by calling 703-519-3776.
- Located adjacent to the historic Madison Hotel in Washington D.C. The Federalist is offering an elegant 3-Course Prix Fixe Menu prepared by Chef Harper McClure on Christmas Eve from 4:00PM to 10:00PM. Priced at $65pp, and $35pp for children (12 & under), signature sweet and savory Christmas-inspired dishes include Spice Roasted Goose Breast, Chestnut Agnolotti, Vermouth-Oyster Chowder, Peppermint Panna Cotta, and Rum Roasted Pineapple, to highlight a few. For reservations call (202) 587-2629 or visit www.TheFederalistDC.com.
- Fiola will celebrate Christmas Eve in traditional Italian style with a Feast of the Seven Fishes. The eight-course menu will be priced at $145 per person, not including tax and gratuity. In addition to the Feast of the Seven Fishes menu, Fiola will also offer a three-course prix-fixe menu for $135 per person with a wide selection of choices within each course. Children under the age of 12 can enjoy a special Christmas Eve dinner for $20 per child. Fiola is located at 601 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW (entrance on Indiana Avenue). The restaurant offers traditional Italian dishes with the contemporary interpretation for which Executive Chef Trabocchi is known. For reservations, please call 202.628.2888 or visit the website at www.fioladc.com.
- Available from 5:00PM to 10:00PM on Christmas Eve, Mayfair and Pine, Glover Park’s American Gastropub by Executive Chef, Owner, and Top Chef Season 2 contestant Emily Sprissler, is offering a beautiful 3-Course Prix Fixe menu priced at $30pp on Christmas Eve. For reservations please call (202) 333-2090 or visit www.MayfairandPine.com.
- 2941 Restaurant located in the heart of Falls Church, VA is the quintessential place to celebrate the warmth of the holiday season at with loved ones. Executive Chef Bertrand Chemel is offering a festive and flavorful 3-Course Prix Fixe ($65pp), 3-Course Vegetarian Prix Fixe ($48pp), and a 3-Course Prix Fixe Children’s Menu ($25pp/ 12 & under) available from 11:00AM to 8:00PM on Christmas Eve. Guests can enjoy the beautiful views of 2941’s waterfalls, koi ponds, and warm up by the fire in the dining room as they enjoy festive fare such as Salsify & Foie Gras Veloute, Roasted Veal Loin, and sweets from Pastry Chef Caitlin Dysart including a traditional Buche de Noel, Citrus Parfait, or Gingerbread House with Eggnog Ice Cream and Cranberry Caviar! For reservations please call (703) 270-1500 or visit www.2941.com.
- This Christmas Eve, Bar Manager Adam Bernbach is pleased to share a "Nog and Glögg" special with cocktail enthusiasts at Proof. For the special, Bernbach has created four renditions of the classic eggnog. Madeira, rum, cognac and bourbon will each combine with spices, eggs and cream to form four unique and equally delicious cocktails. All nogs are priced at $10 each while Adam's take on a warming Glögg is priced at $8 a glass. All nogs and as Glöggs will be served on Monday, December 24th from 5:30 -10PM in Proof’s bar and lounge only. In addition to the special eggnog list, Bernbach will also pour a cranberry ginger beer with cognac and garnished with pickled cranberries. Guests can enjoy the seasonal Christmas Eve cocktails with a side of silent Christmas movies, which will be played on Proof’s screens. Proof is located at 775 G St. NW, Washington, DC 20001.
- Bibiana Osteria-Enoteca, located at 1100 New York Ave, NW, 20005 (corner of 12th and H Streets, NW), will offer a traditional Feast of Seven Fishes available from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Christmas Eve. Prepared by Executive Chef Nicholas Stefanelli, the meal will consist of fish and pasta, following the Roman Catholic tradition to refrain from the consumption of meat or milk on holy days. The numerology represents the seven sacraments and seven days of creation. Priced at $65 per person (excluding tax and gratuity), menu highlights include Grilled Eel with onion compote and red wine vinaigrette; Fried Shrimp with calamari, smelts, oysters, cauliflower and lemon; Black Spaghetti with Catalina Island sea urchin and ‘aglio olio d peperoncino’, as well as Seared Cod with tomatoes, olives, raisins, capers, pine nuts with olive oil crusted potatoes. For the perfect ending, guests will enjoy Amalfi Coast Sponge Cake filled with lemon cream. A limited a la carte menu is also available throughout the evening. For reservations please call (202) 216-9550 or visit www.bibianadc.com.
- Executive Chef Scott Drewno of The Source by Wolfgang Puck is offering guests a very special holiday menu including a choice of Whole Roasted Peking Duck or Holiday Goose as well as a selection of seasonal sides such as drunken noodles and stir-fried Brussels Sprouts. Guests will end their meal with the restaurant's signature 15-layer carrot cake. All dishes on the holiday menu will be served family style. The menu will be priced at $55 per person for the duck menu and $65 per person for the goose menu, not including tax and gratuity. Committed to using as much local product as possible, Chef Drewno sourced the duck from Jurgielewicz Farms in Pennsylvania and the goose from Leaping Waters Farm in Virginia. For reservations to the holiday dinner, please call The Source at 202-637-6100. The Source is located at 575 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Washington, DC.
- Walker's Grille, located on the West End of Alexandria (6909 Metro Park Drive), will be open on Christmas Eve offering a special and festive holiday menu. Our restaurant recently won the County's Environmental Excellence Award and the first LEED Certified Gold restaurant in the Commonwealth. Guests will enjoy a special holiday menu from Chef Elena Hinkle's such as Beef Wellington, paired with delightful appetizers and a scrumptious dessert plate. Satisfy your "sweet tooth" with a Candy Cane Martini. Reservations are encouraged by calling 703-922-6200. www.walkersgrille.com
- Executive Chef/Owner Domenico Cornacchia and Owner/Operator Aykan Demiroglu of the French oasis, Bistro Vivant, located at 1394 Chain Bridge Road in McLean, VA, 22101, are offering a three-course, prix fixe holiday menu in addition to the regular a la carte menu from 11:30 AM to 10 PM on Christmas Eve. The dinner is priced at $49 (excluding tax and gratuity) per person, or $77 (exluding tax and gratuity) per person with exclusive French wine pairings selected by Aykan Demiroglu. For reservations or additional information please call (703) 356-1700 or visit www.bistrovivant.com.
- Ardeo+Bardeo, located at 3311 Connecticut Avenue, NW, 20008, will offer the best of modern American cuisine this Christmas Eve. Ardeo+Bardeo will serve a festive holiday menu from 5 PM to 10:30 PM. Guests will have the option to select from Executive Chef Nate Garyantes’ seasonal a la carte menu or opt for the $50 (excluding tax and gratuity) three-course, prix fixe offering which includes a complimentary glass of Processco. Reservations are strongly encouraged and can be made by calling (202) 244-6750 or visiting www.ardeobardeo.com.
- J and G Steakhouse located just steps from The White House and the National Christmas Tree, Executive Chef Philippe Reininger is welcoming travelers (business and pleasure) visiting DC and locals alike to enjoy a decadent and delicious 4-Course Tasting Menu on Christmas Day. Priced at $72pp, Chef Reininger's menu infused with bold French flavors and a touch of Asian flair, is available from Noon to 9:00PM. J&G’s regular a la carte menu will also be available. For reservations please call (202) 661-2440 or visit www.JGSteakhouseDC.com.
- Plume at The Jefferson, DC [1200 16th Street, NW] will be offering a prix fixe Christmas Day dinner for $89 per person, or $45 for children [12 and under.] Executive chef Chris Jakubiec's elegant Christmas dinner menu begins with a Gougeres stuffed with Truffled Bechamel. For the appetizer, guests may choose from the Chestnut Velouté with Duck Confit and Poached Pear, the Seared Ahi Tuna with Pickled Radish, Cucumber, Avocado Mousse, Grilled Scallion, or a Terrine of Foie Gras with Apple & Rosehip Compote, Warm Toasted Brioche. For the main course, guests may chose the Prime Rib of Beef with Herb Popovers, Mashed Potatoes, Asparagus and Bordelaise Sauce, the Christmas Chicken Package with Mushrooms, Brussels Sprouts and Tarragon Chicken Sauce, or the Stuffed Sole Fillet with Truffled Sole Mousse, Sauce Foyot and Truffled Sunchokes. Lastly, for dessert, guests may enjoy the Guanaja Chocolate Brownie with Cherry Pomegranate Marmalade and White Chocolate Mousse, the Warm Orange Cranberry Cobbler with Cinnamon Chantilly Cream, or the Carrot Cake Cheesecake with Graham Cracker Crust, Crispy Caramel Pearls. Prices are exclusive of tax and gratuity. To place a reservation please call 202.448.2300.
- Wit and Wisdom, A Tavern by Michael Mina, located at 200 International Drive in Baltimore, will celebrate the holidays in delicious style throughout the season. On Christmas Day, enjoy that feeling of being home for the holidays without all of the work. Gather the family and enjoy Executive Chef Clay Miller's three-course winter feast from 1:00pm – 7:00pm, December 25, 2012. Choose from festive specialties such as chestnut soup, Piedmont Ridge prime rib, or serrano ham wrapped pheasant and enjoy a delicious end to the meal with Pastry Chef Chris Ford's classic yule log. Guests can further celebrate the season with live entertainment from 3:00 to 7:00 pm by the Sonic Tonic Jazz Trio. $75 per adult; $45 kids 12 & under. Reservations strongly recommended, call 410.576.5800. For more information visit www.witandwisdombaltimore.com.
- Feliz Navidad at Rosa Mexicano: Spice up Christmas tradition on Dec. 25 at Rosa Mexicano in a festive atmosphere with a special menu available prix fixe ($45) or a la carte at all three DC-area restaurants (including Penn Quarter, Chevy Chase and National Harbor) from 12pm-close. Dinner highlights include duck noodle soup, roasted beet and kale salad, duck two ways, and pumpkin brulee.
- BOURBON STEAK will celebrate Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with special three-course prix-fixe dinner menus. Executive Chef Adam Sobel will present guests with an array of creative dishes including Miso-cured foie gras terrine with charred scallion and sour plum, Roasted Leaping Waters goose l’orange with sautéed foie gras and kumquats, and Triple seared dry aged NY pave with golden beet and bone marrow vinaigrette. Dinner will be served from 5:30 – 10:00 PM on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. The Christmas Eve and Christmas Day menus will be priced at $110 per person and $135 per person respectively (excluding tax, gratuity and wine pairings). BOURBON STEAK is located in the Four Seasons Hotel at 2800 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W., Washington, DC. For reservations, please call 202.944.2026 or visit the website at www.bourbonsteakdc.com.
- Blue Duck Tavern, located on the corner of 24th and M Streets, NW, 20037, will be showcasing farm fresh favorites this holiday season. On Christmas Eve and Christmas Night, Executive Chef Sebastien Archambault and Chef de Cuisine John Melfi will be offering their seasonal a la carte menu from 6 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. with a special addition, Roasted Chicken with black truffle stuffing, glazed chestnuts, brioche butter, black trumpet and dandelions, a nod to Archambault’s native holiday dish from Périgord, France. The brunch fixed-price menu is $95 (exclusive of tax and gratuity) per person for adults and $42 for children between six and 12. Children under six years of age are complimentary guests. For reservations or additional information please call (202) 419-6755 or visit www.blueducktavern.com.
- Assaggi Mozzarella Bar, located at 4838 Bethesda Avenue in Bethesda, MD, 20814, will offer a traditional Feast of the Seven Fishes menu in addition to the regular a la carte menu from 11:30 AM to 10 PM on Christmas Eve. Prepared by Chef/Owner Domenico Cornacchia, the meal will consist of fish and pasta. Priced at $59 (excluding tax and gratuity) per person, menu highlights include Swordfish Carpaccio with tomato, capers and black olive tapenade; Crispy Codfish and Potato Croquette over Neapolitan pickled vegetables and anchovy oil; Octopus and Fingerling Potato Salad with garlic bread and arugula; Spaghetti Pasta with manila clams and oven dried cherry tomatoes; Paccheri Pasta with swordfish ragu “Puttanesca”; Stewed Codfish Fillet with pearl onion mussels and broccolini, as well as Roasted Sea Bass with escarole, black olives, pine nuts and golden raisins. Assaggi Mozzarella Bar will be open Christmas Day from 11:30 AM to 10 PM. For reservations at Assaggi Mozzarella Bar please call (301) 951-1988 or visit www.assaggirestaurant.com.
- Assaggi Osteria, located at 6641 Old Dominion Drive in McLean, VA, 22101, Chef/Owner Domenico Cornacchia will offer a special a la carte menu with Italian highlights from 11:30 AM to 10 PM on Christmas Eve. Assaggi Osteria will be open for dinner Christmas Day from 4 PM to 10 PM. For reservations or additional information please call (703) 918-0080 or visit www.assaggiosteria.com.
- Each Legal Sea Foods will be serving its delicious la carte menu, as well as showcasing a holiday special entrée. For a complete list of locations please visit: http://www.legalseafoods.com/.
- iCi Urban Bistro, located at 806 15th Street NW, Washington DC 20005, will offer the best of American bistro cuisine with a French twist. Executive Chef Franck Loquet has created a Christmas Eve and Christmas Day menu from 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM that will remind you of celebrating les fêtes in wintry Paris. Treat yourself to a three-course prix fixe menu for $85 (excluding tax and gratuity) featuring choices such as Chicken Liver Mousse with Truffles, Balsamic Glazed Portobello Mushroom Tart, and a traditional Bûche de Noël. Reservations are strongly encouraged and can be made by calling Vincent Gernigon at (202) 730-8418 or you can visit www.iciurbanbistro.com to learn more about the delectable menus.