This cute dessert from Del Frisco’s Grille is sure to leave your holiday guests smiling.
Yield: 6 ea
½ quart Milk, Whole
½ quart Heavy Cream, 40 %
2 cups Sugar, Granulated
1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
1/8th cup Brandy
2 tbsp Dark Rum
¼ tbsp Nutmeg
¼ tbsp Clove, Ground
¼ tbsp Pumpkin Spice Mix
As Needed Cardamom
1. Place milk, cream and sugar in a small sauce pot.
2. Bring to a gentle boil and at the same time add egg yolks and the whole eggs in a stainless steel mixing bowl and stir gently together with a wire whip.
3. Do not whip causing air into the eggs.
4. Temper the hot milk/cream mixture into the egg and stir with a wooden spoon.
5. Pass the cream mixture through the chinos and let the mixture stand for 10 minutes.
6. Stir in the brandy, vanilla, spices and add to mixture.
7. Fill the mason jars with 8 ounces of custard and place the mason jars in a 4-inch hotel pan.
8. Pour hot water in pan half way up the mason jar creating a water bath.
9. Cover the pan with foil and poke holes in the foil for venting.
10. Bake in a conventional oven at 300 degrees for 50-60 minutes.
11. Once time has elapsed remove the pan from the oven and place in the walk in cooler and cool.
12. Once cooled, transfer the pot au crème’s to a sheet pan & cover, label, date and refrigerate for future use.
1. Remove mason jar lid from the pot au crème and place the mason jar on a small underliner plate.
2. Pipe whipped cream on the top of the eggnog pot au crème and sprinkle a small amount of ground cardamom on top of the whipped cream.
3. Place spoon alongside the pot au crème and serve.