(Makes 8 portions)
2 heads Cauliflower
4 ea. Peeled Shallots
4 cloves Peeled Garlic
4 oz. Butter
1 sachet containing 3 sprigs Thyme and 1 ea. Bay Leaf
1 qt. Half and Half
2 qt. Water
8 ea. Brioche toast rounds
2 oz. American Sturgeon Caviar
• Clean Cauliflower by removing all florets from the stem, rough chop.
• In a large sauce pan, sweat cauliflower in butter for 5 minutes over low heat, add shallots and garlic, season with kosher salt and continue to sweat for 10 minutes.
• Add water and herbs and slowly simmer for 45 minutes, or until cauliflower is completely tender.
• Remove pan from heat, add half and half and puree at high speed in the blender.
• Serve in large bowls with a toast round in the center topped with caviar.