Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Best Nearby Wineries

Fall is my favorite time of year to hit the road out to the wineries.  Within about 45 minutes you can escape the city life and sip grape juice on a scenic vineyard.  I asked the writers of Capital Cooking for the Best Nearby Winery.  Here's our favs:
Lauren's Pick:  Trump Winery.  The scenery is so picturesque and I love the bubbly.  Charlottesville is a fun place to visit.
Corcoran Vineyards isn't the prettiest spot, but I love that they have both beer and wine.  You can even get a taste of Monk's BBQ.
Sugarloaf Mountain Vineyard is awesome!  I just spent my birthday there.  They have good wine and you can hike before sipping.


Lauren R.'s Pick:  Linden in Charlottesville, VA


Jennifer's Pick:  Rappahannock Cellars in Huntly, VA
Amanda's Pick:  Fabbioli Cellars
JoLynda's Pick: Gray Ghost Vineyards in Amissville, Va.  Their Gewurztraminer is a lovely way to end a summer's day.

 Kathy's Pick: Hillsborough Vineyards


Do you have a favorite that isn't listed?  Please share in the comments below!

No comments: