Monday, May 7, 2012

Eating and Drinking Around Town: Ramenpalooza, Common Threads and More!

OhFish, Kaz Okochi and Erik Bruner-Yang of Toki Underground recently faced off in a Ramenpalooza pop-up at Bind Dog Cafe.  I tried the crunchy shrimp; miso ramen with braised pork, egg, and bean sprouts; and strawberry financiers with lemon balm creme, fresh herb, and chocolate mint sorbet. We also loved the Sake punch with plums.  Such a fun Sunday night event!
Photos by Heather Victoria
Had a blast judging the DC Chinese Take-out Food Experiments!  The contestants were super creative and I really liked the fortune cookies.
The bottomless brunch at Lost Society got the best of me after my friend and I made our way through 3 bottles.  If you're looking for a fun party with day drinking on Saturday, make sure to stop in to check it out.
Common Threads offered so many delicious bites from my favorite chefs.  Alex Bookless of the Passenger created an awesome Tanqueray 10 cocktail.  Carla Hall taught the kids to torch with her banana pudding.  Ewan Morgan poured tastes of his whiskey collection.  Good times for a great cause!

No comments: