Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Recipe: Boiled Lobster with Garlic Rosemary Butter

Our finished meal.
Last weekend my mom came to town and we were in for a treat.  As she arrived, I just received a shipment of live lobsters from GetMaineLobster.com.  

Lobsters looked great on arrival.
We couldn't wait to get cooking.  At first I was a little shy when it came to holding the lobsters, but by the tenth one, I was a pro.  (Don't be afraid, just go for it!)  
These lobsters are absolutely amazing!  
I'm not exaggerating when I say that they are the best I've ever had.  We made the recipe below for dinner the first night and continued to boil the rest of the lobster for my Lobster Risotto and Lobster Mac 'n Cheese for the next night.  (recipes coming soon)  I served the lobster with some roasted asparagus and seared lamb loin from the Tri-Lamb Group.

Recipe

Ingredients:

Live Lobsters (1.5 pounds), 1 per person from GetMaineLobster.com
Salt
1 stick butter
2 rosemary sprigs
1 tablespoon garlic, minced

Get the biggest pot you can find and fill it with water.  Add salt and bring it to a boil.  (Your pot will likely only fit one lobster at a time, so plan to cook in stages.)  Grab a lobster by the body and lower it head first into the pot of boiling water.  (Make sure the pot is rapidly boiling.)  Cover the pot and cook for 15-18 minutes.  (The lobster should be bright red when ready and if you tug on a leg, it should release easily.)  Remove the lobster from the pot and repeat with the remaining lobsters.

Meanwhile, melt butter with garlic and rosemary over low heat in a small sauce pan.  Strain into individual dipping bowls when ready to eat.  
Treat yourself to a meal that you will never forget with GetMaineLobster.com.

No comments: