Monday, October 15, 2012

Recipe: Corn Bread with a Kick

Corn bread is yummy anytime of year.  I made some to dip in my chili this weekend.  Enjoy!
  • 2 box of Corn Muffin Mix
  • 3/4 C shredded Cheddar cheese cheese
  • 2 eggs
  • 2/3 C milk
  • 2 T honey
  • 1 tablespoon Happy Hal's Jalapeno Relish
  • 1/2 can of Corn
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Butter an 8 inch square pan or muffin tins.  Whisk all ingredients together but keep the batter lumpy. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.  Serve with butter or honey butter.


Jackson said...

Wow, this looks good, Lauren. Any recommendations for chili recipes to go with it?

capitalcooking said...

Thanks Jackson! Sorry it took me a while to respond. I'm happy to email you my chili recipe. I use ground turkey instead of beef to make it more healthy.