Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Pumpkin: So Much More than Pie

Photo from Bakers Royale
October is all about pumpkins.  Did you know that there are more than 40 types of pumpkins and just as many ways to prepare them? If you're going the fresh route, be sure to use a baking variety.  I saw some beauties at the farmers' market this weekend.  I still tend to use the canned pumpkin for my recipes.  Try my Pumpkin Pie Martini, Pumpkin Creme Brulee, Pumpkin Dip or how about my Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake.


These pumpkin recipes would be awesome at a Halloween Party.  

Also check out:

100 Ways to Cook a Pumpkin from Endless Simmer
Really Good for You Muffins from the Housewives Understudy
Pumpkin Soup featured on Counter Intelligence
Pumpkin Bars from Chez Megane
Pumpkin Cornbread from Coconut & Lime
A Cream of Pumpkin Soup on Metrocurean
Pumpkin Pancakes from DC Gastronome
Getting hungry?

If you have a delicious Pumpkin recipe that you'd like to share, please list it in the comments.  I love pumpkin!!

No comments: