Monday, November 22, 2010

Review: Casa Nonna


Initial thoughts:

  • Design and Decor:  Modern place with lots of space.
  • Wait:  No wait.
  • Food:  Neapolitan-style pizza and more.
  • Drinks:  I went at lunch so I didn't check out their beer selection.
  • Price:  Moderate
  • Service:  Friendly
  • Would I go back?  Maybe
I recently checked out Casa Nonna for a work lunch.  Casa Nonna is located on Connecticut Avenue where the former California Pizza Kitchen used to be.  The space is big and it didn't seem very crowded.  They bring out garlic bread when you get there and it is really good.  I opted for the pizza that I've been hearing about.  While it wasn't bad, I think RedRocks is much better.  It was a little too crispy for my taste.  Another diner's order got mixed up and we didn't even notice, but Chef Amy Brandwein (who formerly worked with Roberto Donna) did.  She came to the table and apologized and brought out another pizza.  Nice!  Overall, Casa Nonna has good pizza and is probably worth a try.

(202) 629-2505
Dupont Circle
1250 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20036
www.casanonna.com



Casa Nonna on Urbanspoon

No comments: