Thursday, November 4, 2010

Review: Commonwealth


Initial thoughts:

  • Design and Decor:  Clean and modern British pub.
  • Wait:  No wait.
  • Food:  Classic Comfort Food!
  • Drinks:  Great beer selection.
  • Price:  Just right.
  • Service:  Friendly
  • Would I go back?  Yes. 
We loved the snack of the Lemon Fried Olives.  My hubbie almost licked his Bangers n Mash plate clean.  The roasted chicken had great flavor and was cooked to perfection.  Portions are large, so come hungry.  I'm sad to admit I still haven't tried Chef Jamie Leeds's other restaurant, Hank's Oyster Bar.  After enjoying CommonWealth, I'm looking forward to checking it out too.

Happy Hour:  Weekdays from 4 to 7 p.m., domestic drafts and wines are half-price, while premium mixed drinks are $4. The late-night happy hour, which starts at 10 Monday through Thursday, offers $2 Natty Boh and PBR cans and $2 off cocktails.

CommonWealth Gastropub
1400 Irving St NW
Metro: Green and Yellow Lines to Columbia Heights
Commonwealth on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

Johnna said...

Commonwealth is pretty cool, I like the fish and chips the best;-)

Capital Cooking said...

Yeah, I liked it a lot. Perfect for this time of year.