Monday, November 8, 2010

Reviews: J. Paul's and La Madeleine Bakery Cafe

Initial thoughts:

  • Design and Decor:  Cafe setting...nothing special.
  • Wait:  None.
  • Food:  The French Onion Soup was below average.
  • Drinks:  Good lattes and cappuccinos
  • Price:  Low
  • Service:  No service
  • Would I go back?  No
For some reason, I thought I heard good things about this place so I took my friend there.  It was a bit embarrassing.  The soup was pretty awful.  All the cheese was at the bottom, rather than properly melted over the top.  Good coffees, but I wouldn't go back.

Georgetown
3000 M St NW
Washington, DC 20007
www.lamadeleine.com
La Madeleine Bakery Cafe on Urbanspoon

Initial thoughts:
  • Design and Decor:  Cool mahogany bar.
  • Wait:  Not bad.
  • Food:  Good crab dip.  Also, lots of oysters.
  • Drinks:  I liked the spiced cider.  Pretty good beer selection.
  • Price:  Typical bar prices
  • Service:  Friendly
  • Would I go back?  Yes.
Fun place to watch a game.  Good crowd and nice atmosphere.  I liked the cheesy crab dip.   Keep it in mind the next time you're in Georgetown.

(202) 333-3450
Georgetown
3218 M St NW
Washington, DC 20007
www.j-pauls.com
 J. Paul's on Urbanspoon

No comments: