- Recipes: This isn't really a recipe cookbook, but more of a book about mastering butchering techniques.
- Photos: There are many helpful full-color photos, including step-by-step shots to teach you how to cut the meat.
- Would I recommend this book? I would recommend this book if you are looking to learn how to cut meat. The Art of Beef Cutting is the perfect reference and training manual for anyone who wants to master the basic techniques of beef fabrication.
Perfect for use in grocery stores, restaurants, foodservice companies, and culinary schools, as well as by serious home butchers, The Art of Beef Cutting provides clear, up-to-date information on the latest meat cuts and cutting techniques.
Written by Kari Underly, a leading expert in meat education, this comprehensive guide covers all the fundamentals of butchery and includes information on international beef cuts and cooking styles, tips on merchandising and cutting for profit, and expert advice on the best beef-cutting tools.
- This is the only book on the market to include step-by-step cutting techniques and beef fundamentals along with information on all the beef cuts from each primal
- Includes charts of NAMP/IMPS numbers, URMIS UPC codes, and main muscles for each beef cut; Latin American cut names and cooking methods; and cooking tips for each cut for easy reference
- The author is an expert meat cutter who has developed some of the newest meat cuts for the National Cattlemen’s Beef Association and created their current retail beef cut charts