Monday, March 3, 2014

First Taste: Doi Moi

The Bottom Line:  I was so excited to try Doi Moi, but I left feeling underwhelmed.


When I saw Kaow Soi Gai on the menu, I couldn't wait to try it... but, it just wasn't that great. It wasn't bad, but just no comparison to the dish I had in Chiang Mai. The best dish was Bun Bo Xao - Stir Fried Lemongrass Beef on Vermicelli Noodles. The beef was tender with a delicious flavor. I also liked the spicy cashews. The butternut squash was kind of soggy and the coconut milk broth was a bit too runny. The papaya salad was solid. The sablefish dish was fine, but the flavors didn't pop. The dishes we tried were all decent, but I was really hoping to be blown away. 

Have you been? What were your thoughts? Maybe I'm just spoiled from eating in Southeast Asia and wished for too much.

Doi Moi on Urbanspoon

No comments: