Thursday, March 27, 2014

The Gibson Launches Its Spring Cocktail Menu

Photo by Daniel Swartz
I remember when I used to think The Gibson was off the beaten path. I wouldn't call it's location on 14th street off the beaten path anymore. Known for it's collection of seasonal cocktails,  the new Spring 2014 menu features 23 craft cocktails. We were recently invited to try a handful of these new creations, and we now have a picture menu for you to reference before your next visit to The Gibson this spring (if spring ever comes).

Photo by Daniel Swartz
Bananas In Places They Shouldn't Be 
Old Tom Gin, Banana du Bresil, Cocchi Rosa, Orange, Bitters

Photo by Daniel Swartz
Blood Of Kings 
Old Overholt, Red Wine, Lime, Simple Syrup 
I typically don't look for cocktails with wine as an ingredient. If I wanted a taste of wine, I would order a full glass (or bottle...).  However, I really enjoyed The Blood of Kings. I often say I drink red wine when I'm mad, and need something heavy, but red wine cocktails are a great way to enjoy a lighter taste of red wine.

Photo by Daniel Swartz
Come Harder 
Royal Dock Navy Strength Gin, Tequila, Dolin, Blanc, Lime, Mint, Simple Syrup, Celery, Bitters, Absinthe 
Photo by Daniel Swartz
Dungeon’s Brew 
Cruzan Rum Leopold Fernet, Simple Syrup, Lime, Mint, Bell’s Kalamazoo Stout 
AKA The Black Mojito, this cocktail wins the award for best presentation. From a distance, it looks like a beautifully potted plant. In terms of taste, I do prefer a regular mojito, but it's nice to change things up a bit.
Photo by Daniel Swartz
Frank Underwood 
Malort, Apple Brandy, Kummel, Campari, Lemon
Am I the only person (at least in the DC Area) who hasn't seen House of Cards? When this drink was described as "bitter, dry, and aggressive," I only vaguely understood the reference based on the vague clips of the series I remember glancing at.

Photo by Daniel Swartz
Glam 
Banana/ Vanilla Infused Vodka, Orange, Raspberry, Champagne 
You can't go wrong with a glammed out mimosa.

Photo by Daniel Swartz
I Been'Drankin 
Laphroaig 10, Midori, Lime, Raspberry

Photo by Daniel Swartz

Just Leaving Jacky’s (8:00 a.m.)
Avua Aged Cachaca, Benedictine, Lemon, Duck Rabbit  Brown Ale

Photo by Daniel Swarz
Rustin 
George Dickel, Averna, Amaro, Honey, Lemon, Orange, Hellfire, Bitters, Aromatic Bitters

Photo by Daniel Swarz


Shadow Dance 
Fidencio Mezcal, Cocchi Rosa, Dolin Blanc, Rothman & Winter Pearl Liqueur
Photo by Daniel Swarz
Sugar & Spice 
Cardhu Scotch, Domain de Canton, Rainwater Madeira, Lavender Bitters, Aromatic Bitters, Soda 
I didn't actually try this drink, but it's the one I want to order first during my next visit to The Gibson. I love a little spice in my cocktails, and can't wait to taste the ginger flavors in this creation.

Photo by Daniel Swarz
Hollywood Addiction 
Brisson Cognac, Yellow Chartreuse, Cointreau, Benedictine, Champagne

Photo by Daniel Swarz
Things I Still Remember 
Kappa Pisco, Yellow Chartreuse, Lemon, Simple Syrup, Egg White, Ginger Ale 
This is the drink I remember the most. It's the type of drink that will get me in trouble quickly, because it's so refreshing I'll drink it as if it were water, and then soon enough I'll start to remember how this drink is quite different from water.
Gibson on Urbanspoon

No comments: