Monday, April 2, 2012

Planning a Springtime Soiree


Spring is here and it is time to celebrate the season with a Springtime Soiree!

Planning the Menu
  • To ensure the freshest produce, pick seasonal fruits and vegetables. Try recipes with Strawberries (Strawberry Shortcake from Capital Cooking's American Classics Episode), Cherries, or Apricots. For vegetables, try artichokes, asparagus, sweet peas or spinach.
  • Signature Cocktails: I always love to make special cocktails at all of my parties. I think it makes the event more fun. Try my Mango Margaritas or Limoncello Sparklers.
Invitations
  • You might spring for paper invitations, but if your budget is tighter, try using an e-vite.
  • Suggest that your guests wear spring colors.
Venue
  • Look for a place with outdoor space so you can enjoy the fresh air. If you want to host at home and you live in the city like I do, maybe your building has an outdoor patio that you can reserve.  I also love Rock Creek Park.
Themes
  • Some fun Spring Themes include: Derby Party, Cinco de Mayo, or maybe a tea party.
Decorations
  • Fresh Flowers
  • Pastel Colors

No comments: