- Recipes: Norwegian cake and cookie recipes. Some ingredients might be difficult to find in the U.S., but most seem pretty accessible.
- Photos: Lots of colored photos of the dishes.
- Would I recommend this book? Maybe. This book would be for someone who is interested in experimenting in Norwegian desserts. Some of the recipes use pans that we don't typically use here. You'd have to be good at improvising on your own.
Learn to master it all, from decadent cakes, tarts, and puddings, to candied fruits, chocolate confection, and cookies. With over fifty luscious photographs by Christian Brun, Norwegian Cakes and Cookies also contains a separate chapter on essential basic dessert recipes such as pie and tart crusts, vanilla custard, and dark chocolate glaze, with useful tips for beginner and expert bakers alike.
Master these traditional Norwegian desserts with a sweet modern twist, including:
· Nut Macaroons with Apple Cream
· Marzipan Cake with Strawberries
· Caramel Pudding with Cloudberries
· Puff Pastry Sticks with Brown Sugar and Cinnamon
· Ginger Cookies
· Blueberry Chocolates
· Loaf Cake with Carrots and Nuts
· Cream Puffs with Chocolate Cream
· Morello Cherry and Almond Cake
· Cream Cake with Red Currants and Raspberries
· Coconut Macaroons with Egg Nog
· Pears in Lingonberry Syrup
· Strawberry Tart with Oxalis Cream
· Thick Lefses with Blueberry Butter
· Troll Cream with Jellied Cream
· And much more!
Take a tour of Nordic tradition as you try Saetre’s sweet treats!