Firefly is featuring this Sakura Sling through the Cherry Blossom season. Head in and check it out or make one at home.
Cherry infused vodka
· 1 bottle vodka
· 1 lb fresh cherries
· 2 vanilla beans (split the bean)
Rinse and cut cherries (remove seeds) and put cherries in a pot with the vanilla beans. Over low heat, warm the cherries and vanilla beans for about 10 minutes, just enough to bring out all the aromas and flavors. Let cool, and add the vodka. Store in a bottle for about a week for proper infusion.
For the cocktail:
· 1.5 oz cherry infused vodka
· 0.75 oz Leopold brothers Michigan tart cherry liqueur
· 0.5 oz simple syrup
· Splash of champagne or sparkling wine
· Fresh cherry, for garnish
Shake it and strain over a martini glass, topped off with sparkling wine (garnish with a fresh cherry)