I love sitting outside in nice weather to enjoy drinks with friends. Now's the time to find an outdoor spot with this fantastic weather. Here are some of my favorites:
- Cafe Dupont: Cafe Dupont offers a large patio with French influenced fare from Chef Silvan Kraemer. The Alan's Love cocktail is light and refreshing.
- Lost Society: Lost Society is just what the U Street neighborhood needed with a beautiful roof top for dining and drinking. Get some steak!
- Madhatter: Chef Freddie Melgar joined Madhatter to bring a little pizazz to the menu. Sit out on the patio and enjoy the Tuna Sashimi with Asian sesame vegetables and a cilantro vinaigrette. Jack's slow roasted bbq pork sliders are delicious. The menu still has your old favorites, but it is now brightened up with some new delights.
- El Centro D.F.: Great roof deck for drinking margaritas.
- Standard: Great BBQ and hush puppies. Also, check out the massive beers. U Street/Shaw
- ADC: Situated on the rooftop of Donovan House, ADC has amazing views and specialty cocktails. A selection of the Zentan menu is also available at ADC. During the daytime the pool is reserved for guests, with the pool bar open to guest and locals in the evening hours.
- American Ice Co: Warning: This
place gets super crowded. If you manage to snag a seat, American Ice is
a fun place to sit outside for BBQ and beer. Perfect spot to stop
before heading to the 9:30 club.(202) 758-3562
- The Poste: Really fun bar inside Hotel Monaco with a great outdoor space. Good cocktails, but a little pricey.