YOU can win a copy of the book! "Like" Capital Cooking with Lauren DeSantis, post your favorite cooking tip on our wall, and voila you will be automatically entered to win.
Today’s headlines are often marked with news of the next over-hyped diet plan that promises pounds lost fast. And for years, the diet industry has told you that carbohydrates are simply not good for you and they make you fat. The truth is that we have all been duped into believing the notion that carbs are bad. Finally, from the editors of Health magazine, the leading authority on healthy living, comes THE CARBLOVERS DIET: Eat What You Love, Get Slim For Life (Oxmoor House; August 2010; Hardcover; $24.95; ISBN 978-0-8487-3370-4). This book shows the reality: carbs make you thin and keep you satisfied!
THE CARBLOVERS DIET is much more than a diet book; it’s a life plan that unveils the truth – eating carbs is the only proven way to get and stay thin! Written in collaboration between Health magazine’s Editor-in-Chief Ellen Kunes and Senior Food; Nutrition Editor Frances Largeman-Roth, RD, the book reveals how to enjoy these formerly forbidden foods. Imagine enjoying Coconut French Toast or Homemade Scones for breakfast, hefty Pesto Turkey Club sandwiches for lunch, and Pasta Primavera or Salmon with Parmesan Potatoes for dinner? With the CarbLovers plan, it’s the reality. And while other diets forbid between-meal nibbles, CarbLovers actually requires two snacks a day … and by “snack” we mean Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, a bag of potato chips, or a foamy latte!
THE CARBLOVERS DIET also offers readers the following:
- Why a breakthrough ingredient called Resistant Starch can keep you satisfied for longer and which are the top Resistant Starches that you should be eating everyday;
- What foods you should keep in your pantry and how to stock your CarbLovers kitchen;
- Why you’ll feel happier and more energized when you include the carbs you crave in your diet;
- A step-by-step 7-Day CarbLovers Kickstart Plan developed by registered dietitians on the Health staff and a 21-Day Carb Immersion Plan with 75 simple recipes; and
- How to trim up to 3 inches a month from your belly, hips, and thighs with the CarbLovers Workout