Monday, February 6, 2012

On my way to pick up the lamb


You know I’m a huge fan of lamb!  I had a blast judging the Lamb Jam last year in DC.  I’ve been hosting a series of dinner parties as one of the Lambassadors for the Tri-Lamb Group.  From leg, to ground lamb, to shank… I love it all.  My love of lamb makes me extremely excited for the upcoming competition.  

The ‘Tails:

The American Lamb Board invited me to participate in the first D.C. American Lamb Pro-Am.  Starting on February 10-17th, I’m going to need your help to vote for me.   To make it worth your while, I’ll invite one reader to my to enjoy a braised lamb dinner paired with amazing wines on 2/26!


 Round 1
  • 10 local food bloggers to create an original American Lamb recipe and write a blog post documenting the making of the dish.
  • Once the blog posts are complete (blog post deadline is Friday 2/10/12), all posts will be launched on www.fansoflamb.com and readers will have one week to vote for their favorite recipe/post based on both the quality of the recipe and of the post itself.
  • Voting will close at 4pm on Friday 2/17/12 and the top 4 vote-getting posts will be announced. Those 4 winning bloggers will move on to round 2.
  
Round 2
  • The top 4 vote-getting bloggers will each be paired with a top chef from D.C. to collaborate on a preparation of their dish that will be served to over 100 attendees at the American Lamb Pro-Am event.
  • The blogger-chef pairs will serve their dish together at the American Lamb Pro-Am event on Sunday, March 4, 2012. Event attendees will sample all four of the dishes and vote for their favorite.
  • The winning blogger will receive a prize package, American Lamb Pro-Am trophy and bragging rights.
Yay!  So please help me win.  Tell all of your friends to vote for me!!  


The Cut:  Boneless Leg of Lamb

Check back on Capital Cooking by 2/10 to see the recipe we come up with for the leg of lamb.  Thanks for all your support!!

No comments: