Thursday, February 9, 2012

Spotlight: Meet Bryn Wallace

I met Bryn a few years ago when she started shooting for Capital Cooking.  She has a great eye and is truly talented at photography.


How did you get into photography?

It was a combination of the Konica my dad gave me when I was 8 and being the youngest of 6 so there was never a shortage of drama and models. Someone had to document all that ridiculousness!

Favorite food photo you’ve taken?

The first one that comes to mind is this close up I did of a concord grape that was just coming out of its skin. Yea, the professor wouldn't hang that one on the wall for group discussion.

How long have you lived in DC and how did you end up here?

I was born in Fairfax Hospital. So, I have lived here most of my whole life.   I'm not sure why. But, it does keep me coming back.
 
What inspires you?

 New perspectives, fresh ideas, people that think and create completely different than me.
 
What is your favorite local restaurant and why?
 
 The Cock and Bowl in Lorton. Outstanding Mussels, Waffles and beer without all the pomp. I love it.

What are your most exciting challenges right now?
 
My most "exciting" challenge is finding contentment with my life being in constant flux.

Where's the best place you've traveled to and why?

 
Thessaloniki, Greece. Oh! The food, cafes, waterfront, the wealth of culture, beauty and just straight up craziness!

Any upcoming trips?

 I have a proposal in with a non-profit that has the potential of traveling to Bosnia, Kosivo, and Iraq but other than that the most exciting thing I have on the calendar in the near future is going to NYC to see the Weegee show.

No comments: